Monday, August 4, 2008

One Week Old!

Here are my sweet little puppies...one week old tonight! Look how much they've grown!!
I'm not posting many of their one week pictures, because tonight's post is being dedicated to our sweet little runt. After fighting so hard for the first week of her life, she still only weighed 2 ounces today. We have spent countless hours helping her feed since she ended up always being pushed aside by her older siblings. She was such a sweet little puppy and fit in the palm of your hand. But after her checkup today, we realized that she has some internal problems and she had to be put to sleep. It has been a really hard night! I know you all will think I'm crazy since we only had her for a week, but with all the time I've spent down on the floor by her side helping her fight for her life, I grew really attached to her! She was such a fighter and we are so sad to lose her! Just think of how hard it's going to be for me to give away these puppies after having them for 8 weeks, when I'm a mess after 1 week of this sweet little ones life! :) But what can I say....I'm pregnant......we can blame it all on the hormones!
Look at these cute little cuddlers! She sure loved her big sister!
I love how sweet this one is with her big sister's arm around her! It's like the big one is trying to take care of her little sister and keep her warm!!
Always cuddling her and keeping her warm and loved!

1 comments:

Steve and Steph said...

I'm so sorry about your little puppy. That is so hard. The rest of them are so cute. How are you feeling? You are getting close. I hope everything goes well. Keep us posted.